07 Feb 2021
IBM India Private Limited
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Network Engineer role includes the following responsibilities:
- Receive and manage escalations from other teams as well as various monitoring tools involving service-affecting issues.
- Troubleshoot, isolate and correct service-affecting issues on the network in areas including but not limited to: routing protocols, routers, switches, firewall administration, MPLS, BGP, VPN, load balancing.
- Plan, schedule, and implement network maintenance activities which include software upgrades, hardware replacement and network infrastructure augments/changes.
- As needed, implement approved routing policy changes/corrections to mitigate points of traffic congestion on the network due to planned or unplanned incidents.
- Work with network infrastructure/service providers to identify and correct causes of circuit disruption.
- Work with hardware vendors to determine causes of device failure/issues.
- Create network connectivity diagrams and other documentation of live network environments for internal and customer use.
- Incident management during critical events that impact the network, including internal and external communications, team coordination of repair and then root cause analysis efforts.
- Performance analysis and optimization
- Create diagrams and other documentation of network environments
- Communicate effectively with internal and external audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Maintains high quality customer service to internal and external groups when needed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of the following network protocols/technologies:
- BGP, MPLS, OSPF and related protocols
- Link aggregation protocols
- Dark fiber / DWDM systems
- Other skills:
- High Availability Technologies: HSRP, VRRP, MLAG, VSS, VPC
- Scripting Languages: Python, Perl, Bash, Expect/TCL
- Operating Systems: Linux, BSD
- Advanced Configuration of Arista, Juniper and Cisco devices
- Strong troubleshooting experience
- Ability to initiate and effectively utilize “remote hands” assistance within datacenter and carrier environments for items such as fault isolation, installation/test of structured cabling/cross-connects and troubleshooting physical equipment as well as replacing faulty components within a chassis
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Periodic travel to other IBM Cloud IaaS offices and/or data centers may be required (< 10%)
- Demonstrated history of organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated history of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely with little or no direct supervision
- Exhibit a strong understanding of customer service
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to recognize and prioritize critical tasks independently
- Vendor Certifications: JNCIE, JNCIP, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE
- Vendor Hardware Platforms: Arista Switches, Cisco Nexus, Juniper MX
- Bachelors in Science degree in a computer technology field or equivalent experience
Other Career Related Blogs and Articles you may be interested
Other Free Training Materials Available
Free Kerala PSC Exam Training Online
Way4job - Free Kerala PSC training online with previous question papers and free mock exams
Free Kerala PSC training provide notes, Free Online daily Mock test, Previous Questions and answers in english and malayalam. Practice previous years question answers in exam mode will help you success.Study Now
Free DHA Training
Free DHA Training for Nurses ,Doctors and other medical persons. Sample Questions and Mock test
Study and Practise DHAStudy Now
Free Online PMP Training based on PMBOK
Best Free Online PMP Training based on PMBOK
Best Free Online PMP Training based on PMBOK and PMI guidelines,Sample questions,Exam Simulators and PMP Notes and Flashcards makes you understand the concepts clearly and pass PMP exam at first attemptStudy Now